Model Number: CI-RS232
|Component Data Sheet
|Complete Product Catalog
- The RS232 Communication Interface (CI-RS232) provides a simple means of interface between Touche’s primary network and virtually any other third party device (i.e. audio/video systems) capable of communicating with “string” commands via an RS232 serial connection.
- This interface utilizes Touche’s standard non-licensed system configuration software to configure this module. This eliminates complicated procedures and additional steps when configuring this powerful device.
- A standard 9-pin D style female socket is utilized for connection to third party devices.
- This interface allows for input and output messaging. Messages from third party devices are able to “trigger” a pre-programmed event within the Touche network and likewise messages representing events in the Touche network are able to generate an action in the third party device.
- Connection to Touche’s network is accomplished using a standard Cat 5 cable. This device can be daisy-chained with all other devices on the primary network. Control power for the module is derived from the same Cat 5 Cable.
- Configuration of the various RS232 serial communication parameters is completely software configurable for adaptability to nearly any third party device.
- Baud Rate: 1.2K, 2.4K, 4.8K, 9.6K, 19.2K, 38.4K, 57.6K or 115.2K
- Data Bits: 7 or 8
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Parity: None, Reserved, Even or Odd
- Handshaking: Enabled or Disabled
- Enclosure Dimensions: 2.1“w x 2.4“h x 3.5“d (Din Rail Mounted)
- Enclosure Construction: Thermoplastic
- Power Supply Voltage: Sourced from Primary Branch Cat5 Cable (No External Power Supply Required)
- Ambient Temperature: 50º C (122º F)
- Maximum Humidity: 10—90% Non-Condensing