Model Number: BB1
|Component Data Sheet
|Complete Product Catalog
- For excessively long cable runs the Branch Booster (BB1) provides an economical and simple solution to voltage drop issues.
- Touche’s system simplifies network cabling by incorporating both communication and control power on the same Cat5 cable. For installations where the cabling length becomes excessive, branch boosters can be utilized to “boost” the control voltage using a separate 16 gauge cable. Multiple Branch boosters can be used in parallel with the normal Cat 5 cable when necessary.
- Routing for the 16 Guage booster cable is not required to follow the same path as the Cat5 branch cable. In many instances this makes installation very simple.
- All power for the input module is derived from the source cable eliminating special power supplies and/or line voltage considerations.
- All power utilized for the module is less than 30VDC so low voltage cabling techniques can be utilized for installation.
- The Branch Booster can be installed in-line at any point along the Cat5 branch network, but the source for it MUST originate from the same source as the Cat5 branch cable.
- Enclosure Construction: Thermoplastic
- Power Supply Voltage: Sourced from “Smart Bus” Branch Cat5 Cable (No External Power Supply Required)
- Ambient Temperature: 60º C (140º F)
- Maximum Humidity: 10—90% Non-Condensing